If you are getting ready to move, you may appreciate some of
these helpful tips to make your move easier:
1. Anticipate the exact date of the move as far in advance
as possible. Give us a choice of dates.
2. Arrange for the telephone to remain connected the whole
day of the move.
3. Save all moving receipts. The cost is tax-deductible if
the distance moved is over 35 miles or business-related.
4. Cancel local services, such as, paper, maid, pest
control, utilities, fire insurance, etc. Forward magazine
subscriptions and complete the change of address form
provided by the Post Office. Transfer banks accounts and
notify brokers and accountants of your move. Order services
for your new home in advance so they will be available when
6. Arrange for kids and pets to stay with friends or
neighbors the day of the move, so they do not impede the
moving process. Gather the following valuables to keep with
you at all times: bank books, keys, passport, lease, will,
jewelry, precious stones, stamp and coin collections, school
transcripts, medical/dental records, vehicle registration
8. After all items have been removed from the home, a
final inspection should be conducted. Closets, crawl spaces,
basement and attic areas should be checked. A second person
can make the same inspection separately.
9. Clean your new home thoroughly before moving in.
It's easier and less time consuming.
10. Decide in advance where large items of furniture will be
located. This will avoid the need to make changes after the
movers have departed.
Click here for your